Thursday, February 7, 2008

Naptime, Shmaptime.....

Okay, so we need to get Heidi to nap without taking a bottle.
I know, I know....all you by-the-book mom's out there are thinking, " OH NO not the bottle! She must learn to self-sooth herself to get to sleep!" Well that didn't quite work here.
We've realized it was an issue for a while now. At first, it was she wasn't eating enough because she would fall asleep eating. Then, it was that is the ONLY way she would go to sleep, even in the car. And now it is, she is finishing the milk before she falls asleep. And yes, I know, it's bad for her teeth to fall asleep with a bottle.
So all that said to say this:
This morning she was drinking the milk, was getting very sleepy and decided it's playtime again! So we sat up and played a while. Then she decides she wants the milk again. OK. So back to the milk, so she finishes it off and is very drowsy. So I think, " Ok, here it is! My chance to lay her down drowsy and she will get herself to sleep!" HA. So I lay her down in her crib, she immediately becomes wide awake. So I pick her back up and we rock. And Rock. And rock. And rock some more.
Well after about 30 minutes SHE FALLS ASLEEP. I kid you not she fell asleep. AND I laid her down in the crib and she stayed asleep.
So we will try again with this rocking thing this afternoon. I know she's still not excactly getting herself to sleep, but its better than the bottle. Let's hope it's not a fluke. :)

No comments: